We make our shoes with removable inserts. Sometimes air or moisture can get trapped between the insert and the rest of the shoe and cause a squeak, or the way an orthotic fits can cause friction and therefore noise. A common fix that often works is to sprinkle some baby powder down into the shoe. Squeaking is common if you wear your own orthotics, so try baby powder or even a folded paper towel or dryer sheet, and you should notice an immediate difference. Contact us if you still have trouble.
Articles in this section
- Don't see your size? When Does New Balance Restock Items?
- What should I do if my product arrives damaged or defective or isn't what I ordered?
- Does New Balance produce Vegan Shoes?
- Did you change your sizes? My usual size did not fit!
- Why don't you make this shoe in my size or width?
- How do I know which size or width to order?
- What is a shoe last?
- Why do you update your styles?
- How do I clean my shoes?
- My shoes squeak. What can I do?