It's frustrating when you purchase a new shoe that doesn't fit, but we can help you identify the reasons behind the difficulty. First, keep in mind that we make shoes on multiple shoe lasts and the shoe last used during construction affects the overall fit and feel of the shoe. A shoe made on the SL-1 shoe last will feel different than shoes made on the SL-2. Plus, sometimes after wearing a shoe for a long time and our feet become used to it, even if there is barely any cushioning or support left. As a result, new shoes with fresh cushioning and support can feel different. There could also be slight differences resulting from the hands-on nature of shoe manufacturing and the materials used. Another factor to consider is that feet do change over time, so it's a good idea to have them professionally measured to rule out a possible size change.
Articles in this section
- Don't see your size? When Does New Balance Restock Items?
- What should I do if my product arrives damaged or defective or isn't what I ordered?
- Does New Balance produce Vegan Shoes?
- Did you change your sizes? My usual size did not fit!
- Why don't you make this shoe in my size or width?
- How do I know which size or width to order?
- What is a shoe last?
- Why do you update your styles?
- How do I clean my shoes?
- My shoes squeak. What can I do?